Legal Agreement for OSHO TALKS Video Translation Project
OSHO INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION of Bahnhofstrasse 52, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland ("OIF").
Assignment of Intellectual Property
It is agreed as follows:
The Assignor has made, will make, or has taken part in the making of certain intellectual property including without limiting the generality of the foregoing: transcribing, translation, editing, proof reading, voice recording, editing in any format or language, including voice recordings (the “Work”). The Assignor has made no disposition of any of the rights in and to the Work. The Assignor desires to assist the work of OIF in spreading the teachings and works of Osho. It is the intent and purpose of Assignor to assign any and all of his/her rights whatsoever in the Work, including, but not by way of limitation, the right to renew the copyright to the fullest extent allowable by the applicable law.
1.1 In consideration of good and valuable consideration, payment of which is hereby acknowledged the Assignor as beneficial owner assigns to OIF all vested contingent and future rights of copyright and all rights in the nature of copyright in all languages and all accrued rights of action and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to Work whether now known or in the future created to which the Assignor is now or may at any time after the date of this Assignment be entitled by virtue of or pursuant to any of the laws in force in each and every part of the world (the “Rights”), TO HOLD to OIF its successors and assigns absolutely throughout the world for the full period of copyright in the Work and all renewals reversions and extensions of such period subsisting or arising under the laws in each and every part of the world and afterwards so far as permissible, in perpetuity (“the Term”).
1.2 The Assignor acknowledges OIF’s unrestricted right throughout the world during the Term to license the exploitation of all or any part of the Rights to third parties.
1.3 The Assignor agrees to do all such things and to sign and execute all such documents and deeds as may reasonably be required in order to perfect, protect or enforce any of the rights assigned and granted to OIF pursuant to this Assignment in any part of the world.
2. Warranties and Indemnity
The Assignor warrants to OIF that:
2.1 The Assignor is the sole owner of the rights and has full power to enter into this Assignment and to give the warranties and indemnities contained in this Assignment.
2.2 The Assignor was at all material times during the creation of the Work a ‘qualifying person’ within the meaning of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 Section 154 and is the sole author of the Work which is original in him and has not previously been published anywhere in the world.
2.3 The exploitation of the Rights by OIF will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
3. Moral Rights
3.1 The Assignor irrevocably and unconditionally waives all moral rights in respect of the Work to which he may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 Section 80 and under any similar laws in force from time to time during the Term in any part of the world and the Assignor declares that this waiver shall operate in favor of OIF, its licensees, assigns and successors in title.
4. Whole Agreement
4.1 This Assignment contains the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior written or oral agreement between them relating to the Work and the parties confirm that they have not entered into this Assignment on the basis of any representations that are not expressly incorporated into this Agreement.
THIS AGREEMENT shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the New York, NY, USA and in the event of any dispute hereunder the Courts of New York shall have jurisdiction.
Terms and Conditions
The OSHO TALKS Translation Project – like OSHO.com itself – is provided to make Osho available worldwide. It welcomes anyone willing to join us in this pursuit, and to follow these terms and conditions.
1. Anyone who is fluently bilingual, and committed to accurately and artfully translating Osho talks, is welcome to join the project as a translator. We expect translators to collaborate with each other, follow the Osho style guidelines, and of course uphold the meaning and intent of Osho.
2. We encourage you to share OSHO TALKS in your own language, by directing people to OSHO.com, running the videos on your own site, using our embeddable player, or screening them at live events. Please run the talks in their entirety, and don't edit them in any way. Send any questions about usage to us at OSHOTALKS@oshointernational.com. (Our support team speaks English, so please write your query in English for quickest response.)
3. We don’t pay translators for their work though we are happy to credit you for your work. Your name will appear on the webpage of every translation you work on. You will also be credited on a page of OSHO Translators.
4. OSHO International Foundation, Switzerland retains the copyright to all talks, transcripts and translations.
5. When conversing with other translators or members, please engage in a warm exchange of ideas, avoiding insults. Humor, of course, is most welcome.
6. Please respect the privacy and wishes of other translators and members.
7. If you observe another translator behaving inappropriately, please tell us.
8. OIF reserves the right to remove any translations, comments or content from the site, for any reason and without prior notice.
9. If you violate these terms, or otherwise act disrespectfully, disruptively or illegally on OSHOTALKS.info and/or OSHO.com, we reserve the right to terminate your membership and translator status, at any time, and without prior notice.
Thank you for taking part in the OSHO TALKS Video Translation Project!
1. We respect your privacy.
2. We will never sell your data to any third party.
3. We will never provide any of your data to a third party without your written permission.
4. We ask you to respect the privacy preferences of other OSHO members.
5. We ask you to remember that any information you choose to post publicly (comments, photos, videos) on this site is, of course, public.
In rare cases, you may need to alert us to a real problem. If you notice that a translator lacks the skills to fluently translate an OSHO TALK and/or a translator is purposely abusing their role to misrepresent OSHO.
Please email us at: OSHOTALKS@oshointernational.com